YEAR 3 – Tribal Tales
The new projects run for the second half of the Spring term, Monday 25th February to Friday 29th March. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
- Write your own prehistoric adventure story. Will you set it in the Stone Age, Bronze Age or Iron Age? Make sure your story reflects the time it is set.
- Find out more about rock art – human-made markings placed on natural stone. Draw your own pet or local animal (cat, dog, hamster, rat!) in the style of a prehistoric cave painting.
- Use your local library to research the Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age history of your local area. Are there any sites to visit or can you find any relevant online images or news stories?
- Make a photo montage of prehistoric monuments. You can search for the best images online and download them to a PowerPoint slide or Word document.
- Make a 3-D model of a Bronze Age settlement making sure it is historically accurate.
- Make a list of useful websites that a historian might use to research this topic.
- Find out about the indigenous people of the North Sentinel
- Island in Asia. How does their lifestyle compare to that of prehistoric humans?
- Make an information collage about this interesting tribe.