YEAR 3 – Urban Pioneers
The new projects run for the second half of the Autumn term, Tuesday 30th October to Friday 7th December. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Make a collection of images you like in a scrap book. Imagine you have been asked to design a new building that will inspire the residents of your town or city. Design your architectural masterpiece and perhaps make a model of it!
- Photograph examples of graffiti – decide if you think it is art or vandalism Sign your own name graffiti style on paper that is! There are online ‘graffiti-creators’ which will convert your name into a graffiti style lettering. Print your design idea and bring it to school.
- Look at structures in your nearest town or city such as bridges, towers or tunnels. What is the oldest structure? Newest?
- Take a virtual tour of cities around the world, exploring images online.
- Compile a list of places you would like to visit. What makes a great city? Parks, water features, friendly people, clean, litter-free streets? Decide what is important to you in a city.
- Where in the world would you most like to live?
- Find out about animals that live in the city, such as foxes, peregrine falcons and pigeons. Make a list of animals you have spied and find out about their habitat and how they survive in an urban environment.