Year 2 Homework - Scented Garden
The new projects run for the first half of the summer term, 24th April to 17th May. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Plant bulbs and seeds at home and watch them grow. Bring in your plants (or photographs of them) to show your class.
- Grow a sunflower and keep a record of its height. Who can grow the tallest in the class?
- Keep a plant diary, explaining how you grew a plant. Include photographs or drawings of each stage of your plant’s development.
- With an adult, search the web for examples of amazing plants and make your own weird and wonderful plant book.
- On a visit to the supermarket, find and discuss plants you can eat, including herbs, vegetables and fruit. Which part of the plant are they? The roots? The leaves? The flower? The stem?
- Visit a garden centre, florist or plant sale, or take a walk in your garden or local area. Amaze your adults with your knowledge of plant names. Find out the names of any plants you don’t recognise.
- Visit the local library and find non-fiction books about planting. Look for information using the contents and index pages. Write down any new facts you have learned and bring them in to share with the class.
- Grow a herb garden at home and use your herbs in some delicious recipes for your family and friends.