Year 2 Homework - Beachcombers
The new projects run for the Second half of the summer term, Monday 3rd June to Friday 12th July. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Bring pictures from home of yourself or family members at the seaside or swimming in the sea.
- Identify the different locations on a UK or world map.
- Visit your local library to browse or borrow story and information books about the seaside.
- With an adult, use the web to research famous artists who use the beach for inspiration.
- Make a miniature seashore garden, using natural materials such as pebbles, twigs, sand and shells.
- Make a list of all the activities you could do at the seashore. Survey your friends and family to identify the ‘Top Five Shore Activities’ and show the results in a pictogram or bar chart.
- Create a collage of a seaside scene using magazine pages
- Share with your family the tongue twisters and riddles you have learnt. Can you write some more of your own?
- Write a poem about the living things that make their home in a rock pool. An acrostic or shape poem would be fun!
- Design, draw, and paint a picture of a beach hut. Bring it into class and display everyone’s beach huts next to each other.