The new projects run for the first half of the Summer term, Tuesday 18th April to Friday 19th May. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Create a fact file about the river Nile and compare it to other famous world rivers. Include photographs and wow your classmates by showing them the range of amazing animals that live in and by the river.
- Find out who or what ‘Ka’ was. Design a colourful symbol that might represent ‘Ka’ in Egyptian hieroglyphics.
- Make a model pyramid from building blocks – how high can you go? Photograph your achievement and record the number of blocks you used.
- Use the words ‘ancient Egypt’ to create an acrostic poem.
- Make flatbread and serve it to your family with authentic Egyptian dips or salads. Find out more about the food of ancient Egypt.
- Visit a museum exhibition on ancient Egypt and write a recount of your trip. Bring back souvenirs to show your class.
- Design your own 2-D or 3-D Egyptian-style jewellery.
- Use hieroglyphics to write a message to a friend or family member. Can they crack your Egyptian code?
- Make an illustrated scroll to show the journey to the afterlife.
- Find out why animals were so important to the Egyptians.
- Find out what happened to Egypt after the death of Cleopatra VII, the last pharaoh.