Year 6 Homework – Hola Mexico
The new projects run for the first half of the Spring term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Which part of Mexico would you prefer to live in, and why? Write down your ideas and share them with others in your class.
- Find out about Mexican flowers, trees and animals. Some are really different to the ones in UK! Record what you learn in a notebook or picture chart.
- Do your family or friends know anyone who has been to Mexico? If so, can you talk to the person and find out more? What is their impression of the country?
- Find out more about Maya hieroglyphs and symbols. Can you write your name or a short message to a friend?
- Plan an imaginary trip or holiday to Mexico. Look at holiday brochures or research online. How many ways are there to get there? How long would it take? How much would it cost? Make an itinerary for your trip, showing what you would like to see and do while you are there.
- Try making your own musical instruments – simple drums, guitars, shakers – from everyday household objects, like plastic bottles, elastic bands, and rice.
- Design and build your own Maya temple using junk materials, such as cardboard boxes, newspaper and card.
Project homework is due in by Friday 7th February or before.
At the end of the project homework period your child will receive either a bronze, silver or gold project homework badge.
Bronze = a basic piece of project homework was completed
Silver = a good piece of project homework which has clearly taken lots of time to complete
= an excellent piece of project homework which has clearly taken lots of thought, time and effort to complete