Year 3 Homework – Flow
The new projects run for the Second half of the summer term, Monday 3rd June to Friday 12th July. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- How many songs can you list that mention water or rivers? Get your family and friends to help – and then have some fun singing a selection!
- Help organise your family’s recycling, taking the glass to a bottle bank or visiting your local household waste recycling centre.
- Visit a river and test the flow by playing Pooh sticks. It’s easy… just drop a stick from a bridge into the water and let it race your friends’ sticks to the other side!
- Draw, paint or take photos of a beautiful river scene.
- Grow something edible using soil. Potatoes are easy to grow and tasty to eat!
- Be a landscape gardener! Visit a garden centre and look at water features. Could you make one in your garden? You’ll need water, soil, pipes and jugs and maybe some pretty stones.
- Help a member of your family to wash a car or visit an automatic carwash. Which method do you think uses least water?
- Race raindrops down a window. Choose one to watch and see what happens as it meanders down and comes into contact with other droplets.
- Study erosion. Set up a pile of dirt and rocks at the top of a slope. After it’s rained, check out how it has been sorted.
- At the supermarket, check out and compare the ingredients of household cleaning products. Many contain harmful chemicals which are washed down the drain. Encourage your adults to buy eco-friendly products or even make your own from natural substances like vinegar and lemon juice. Be a responsible citizen.