Year 1 Homework - Dinosaur Planets
The new projects run for the second half of the Autumn term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Work with grown-ups at home to research more amazing facts about the age of the dinosaurs.
- Find non-fiction books at home (or in the local library) about dinosaurs. Bring them into school to share!
- Watch birds in your garden or local park. Look at them closely with binoculars. Do you think they walk like dinosaurs?
- Work with an adult to produce your own dinosaur movie or show using toys, puppets or models. Evergreen bushes or a rocky or dusty area of your garden or local park would make perfect film sets!
- Share stories and poems about dinosaurs with your grown-ups. Take on the role of storyteller for any younger members of your family.
- Entertain your family and friends by reading them some side-splitting dinosaur jokes or astounding dinosaur facts!
- Take part in a Dinosaur Reading Challenge. Every time you read a book at home, you’ll earn a piece of a cut-up dinosaur picture. Stick them on a dinosaur outline and see how long it takes you to make the whole picture!
At the end of the project homework period your child will receive either a bronze, silver or gold project homework badge.
Bronze = a basic piece of project homework was completed
Silver = a good piece of project homework which has clearly taken lots of time to complete
= an excellent piece of project homework which has clearly taken lots of thought, time and effort to complete