Year 1 Homework - Rio de Vida!
The new projects run for the Second half of the summer term, Monday 3rd June to Friday 12th July. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Design and create your own bright and colourful carnival outfit. Use old clothes, unwanted fabrics and any other fabulous decorations such as feathers or sequins.
- Retell the story of the animated film ‘Rio’ to your family, then make a mini book using words and pictures.
- Find out about some more of Brazil’s exotic birds and animals. Are any endangered? What does this mean? Draw some of these animals and write their names. Talk about why they are endangered.
- Design your own carnival float. What characters, animals or decorations would you choose? Make a labelled drawing of your float using lots of vibrant colours!
- Imagine you are on holiday in Rio during the carnival. Write a postcard to a friend telling them all about the sights and sounds you have experienced. Draw a Rio scene on the front of your postcard using downloaded images as inspiration.
- Find Brazil is on a world map or globe and show your family. Point out the Equator and explain to them how this affects the weather in Brazil. Which countries are closest to Brazil?