Year 1 Homework - Enchanted Wood
The new projects run for the first half of the Autumn term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Plant some daisies, poppies, or other wild flowers. Draw and write a flower diary about the changes you see each week. Take photographs or draw pictures to show your flowers as they grow and change.
- Search the web for images and facts about amazing woodlands or forests around the world. Make a scrapbook showing the best ones.
- Make patterns and sculptures using natural materials in your garden.
- Find out about famous artists who use the woodland for inspiration.
- Make miniature homes and gardens for fairies and pixies from natural materials such as bark, pebbles, twigs, leaves and pine cones.
- Write a ‘Who am I?’ riddle for family and friends to solve. Write clues about a woodland animal, plant or tree.
- Write a letter to Mr Fox telling him what you have been doing at school and at home. He’d love to hear about your adventures!