Year 4 Homework – Playlist
The new projects run for the Second half of the summer term, Monday 3rd June to Friday 12th July. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Talk to parents and grandparents about music and dance trends that were popular when they were young. Bring in findings to share on a class timeline.
- Listen out for classical music used on TV. Can you spot any tunes you know?
- Read a listings page in the local paper or a venue programme to see what bands are playing near where you live.
- Make a list of venues used in the local area for live music, from big arenas to park bandstands.
- Learn a song by heart or play a piece of music on an instrument. Practise and see if you can do it without making any mistakes!
- Think up a funny name for a new band! Design a logo for the band.
- Make a ‘spot the intro’ quiz for your classmates or family. Play an introduction to a song and see who can recognise it first.
- Write a fan letter to a musical hero explaining what you like about their music.
- Write song lyrics for a new song for your favourite band.
- Watch a beat box choir or performer online. How do they do that?
- Hear a choir sing or watch a performance online. Can you hear the low and high voices? Find out what the different singing parts in a choir are called.