Year 4 Homework – I am Warrior
The new projects run for the second half of the Autumn term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are some ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Write some number calculations using Roman numerals for your friends to solve.
- Find out the dates of birth of your family and friends and record them in Roman numerals.
- Research Roman life using books from your local library. Which were most useful? Recommend the best one to your classmates.
- Find out if there are any Roman forts or settlements near where you live. Try to visit one with your family.
- Look at Roman artefacts in detail at a local museum or on the British Museum website.
- Look at holiday brochures and online information to find out about modern day Rome as a tourist destination. Which tourist attractions would you visit? What is the weather like? Where else would you like to go in Italy?
- Write a diary entry as if you are a Roman soldier, a slave in a Roman villa or a Celtic child. What is your typical day like?
- Find some proverbs with Roman origins. Choose one and write it in your best handwriting with a suitable illustration. Can you explain to your family what it means or what advice it gives?
- Make a model of a Roman villa using junk materials such as cereal boxes, coloured paper, tin foil and cardboard tubes. Use online images and pictures in non-fiction books to inspire the layout of your villa.
- Make a drawing of a Roman god or goddess. Write a fact file of information about them.