I want to give everyone a Covid-19 update so you are all aware of what is going on in school, this has been changing by the hour yesterday and today.
So current suspected cases awaiting PCR confirmation are:
Y1 = 5
Y2 = 2
Y3 = 1
Y5C = 1
Y5G = 1
Confirmed cases by PCR test are:
Y1 + 1 and sibling in Y6 = 1
Staff = 1
With the high numbers in year 1, following government guidance I have made the decision to not have them at school till Monday so all latent cases can show themselves.
To reduce risks the following actions have been taken:
1. No after school or before school clubs till after half term
2. No whole school assemblies till after half term
3. Removing all class mixing events e.g. collecting snack (it will be completed class by class);
4. The School Race tomorrow will be run class by class throughout the day
5. This week's away football match has been postponed
6. Year 3 Harvest Assembly will take place on Thursday 4th November at 2.30pm
7. Class exhibitions planned next week will not take place
8. Play and Stay for preschool children is cancelled till after half term.
I ask that everyone acts with good safety for self and others, keep your distance, undertake regular lateral flow tests with your children (staff are doing daily tests) and mask up on site. Please let me know if you have a case suspected or confirmed in your household so we can keep one another informed. Whilst many children are asymptomatic, adults tend to fair much worse and we need to keep everyone safe.
I want to thank you all for your prompt action, care and support of one another - together we do all we can to keep one another safe.
Kind regards, Mrs Curtis