We all recognise the impact that cost rises are having on all families so the Governing Body and our Senior Leadership team have been reflecting on what we can do to support every family.
- The government provide free daily meals to all of Reception, Year 1 and 2 children under their Universal Meal Scheme.
Some families meet the Government's Pupil Premium funding, which provides meals and additional support with learning at school.
Even if your child has a free meal in Reception, Year 1 and 2, it is vital that you apply as it provides additional funding for your child to get help with their learning needs.
Your circumstances may have changed in recent months and now the following criteria applies to your family:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
If you are unsure then please apply via the short form at www.ash-grange.surrey.sch.uk/applying-for-free-school-meals-and-pupil-premium/. Paper copies are available from the school office.
- From 4th July (when our new HC3S caterers begin) until 31st December 2022, we are subsidising the daily meal cost so it will be £1 per meal, instead of £2.60.
This is available to any child (Nursery and School) eating a school provided meal (hot meat/vegetarian, sandwich or jacket potato) for children in Nursery, Years 3 to 6; this means every family can benefit from reduced daily costs of providing meals. You pay as normal through Scopay.
A copy of the new lunch menu is attached, and can also be found on Scopay and at www.ash-grange.surrey.sch.uk/lunch-menu/
I am sure you appreciate this is a huge thing to offer families and we are so fortunate to be able to do this. If you have any questions please talk to the admin team or speak to me.