Happy new half term, I hope you all had a good restful half term. Here is the audio file of the newsletter which has lots of information for the half term ahead.
- Thank you to Year 3 for the Harvest show at the end of last half term and thank you to the parents who contributed food items to the Farnham Food Bank.
- The teachers have launched the new projects with the children, from Squirrels to Space and lots in-between. The new class novels (Y2-6) have also begun. see the website for more details.
- As part of the French curriculum of learning Year 6 are starting pen pals with children in France.
- Wonde – this is the new password platform for the children, so the children log on to Wonde at https://edu.wonde.com/login/AshGrange and using their QR code have access to all the platforms with their passwords already set up. This should make logging on for homework much easier. More details here
- Playground markings have been installed, the children voted for these through School Council and we thank you and the outgoing PTA for the most of the £10,000 funds.
- Bikeability has begun for Year 6 – this is an extra paid for opportunity that parents pay for as the children undertake bike ability training to learn how to ride on the road.
- Safety – I have spoken to the children about being safe and seen on the way to and from school. We are looking to purchase items to help them – keyrings, hats, gloves, etc…
- w/c 14th November is Anti-Bullying Week with the theme of “Reach Out”, there will be a week of activities starting with Odd Sock Day – then the children wear odd socks or tights to school and finishing with Children in Need Day on Friday 18th November. Children wear pyjamas or onesie to school to raise money for the charity – we ask all participating to bring at least £1 for a donation through Scopay, all of which goes to the Children in Need charity.
- School disco on the last week of term, details on the calendar and payment on Scopay.
- Secret Santa – if families want their children to be able to purchase a secret gift please pay via Scopay by the end of November.
- Nasal Flu, parents need to complete the online application for this by Monday 7th at 4pm.
- Remembrance Day on 11.11.22, the British Legion have dropped off a number of items: poppies, bands, key rings etc… for you to purchase at the office, please bring cash as the money goes directly to the appeal.
- Horseshoe Lake Watersports trip for 8 + aged children by July 2023, who are competent swimmers has only 6 spaces remaining.
- Parent Council minutes are on the school website, our next meeting is 15th November.
Keep safe and well in the bonfire celebrations, kindest regards