As you may have noticed we had a busy week last week with starting the orchard/sensory garden and the new nature area. Having had a number of incidents of vandalism with the current nature area we have decided to relocate it to the front of the school. This will enable the children to have regular access and increase their awareness of the biodiversity of the grounds.
All work is aimed to be completed by Easter!
Sadly after 19 years in the Nursery Team, Clair Woolston is moving on to be a Deputy Leader of a new nursery. We are obviously very sorry to lose her but we are delighted at this new opportunity she has been offered and wish her our very best wishes for the future.
Thank you to the parents who came along to the first meeting of the adult Eco Council. We discussed hopes and dreams and will be sharing these with you in the coming weeks. All parent/carers are welcome to get involved so let me know if you have any ideas. There will be a new section added to the website in the next week and the children will be sharing ideas for being more “green”. This week we added soap bars to the toilets, as the plastic refills in the squeezy dispensers cannot be recycled. We chose lovely shaped and smelly ones; their hands have never been cleaner. Bars were washed away in 2 days!
Marvellous Me - I hope you have had a chance to log on to this great new system which we will be using from Monday, I know that a few of us have been playing already, to share wonderful news. If you are having difficulties logging on then please let the office team know so that they can assist you.
Parent Council minutes are available for you to read online.
Menu Choice Week 3
Monday 4th March
* Book Fair in Music Room. 8.30-8.50am and 3.10-3.40pm Lots of amazing books to choose from at pocket money prices!
* Book Fair in Music Room. 8.30-8.50am and 3.10-3.40pm and 4.10-4.30pm
* Afterschool club night. Please collect your child from the main playground at 4.15pm.
* Year 6 Netball tournament – Letters have been sent home to the team
* Book Fair in Music Room. 8.30-8.50am and 3.10-3.40pm
* NO Netball club as all tournaments have been played for this season.
* 7pm Parents Together Group – Everyone welcome
* 9am Parents Together Group – Everyone welcome
* 9am Year 5 Assembly and Learning Stars
* Red Nose Day - To keep with the theme of "doing a little something to help others" Ash Grange children will be wearing uniform and one red thing, they can swap out one part of uniform e.g. a red jumper, red socks, red skirt, red shoes. It is not a mufti day where we wear costumes. Over the day the children will be taking part in lots of fun activities. All donations are welcome on the day and we would like all children to bring in at least £1.
* After school - Football Club
Notes from the Office
Parents evening booking for 27th March is available online at www.parents-booking.co.uk/ashgrange