Week Beginning 15th July: 16th July: Full Governing Body Meeting 08:00 - 10:00. 17th July: Year 6 Production 19:00 - 21:00. 19th July: Reception Trip to Bocketts Farm.
Home Page

Support for Families

At Ash Grange we support every child’s emotional health and well-being so they are ready to learn and thrive. 


As well as promoting positive mental health and well-being for pupils, we support the wider family too. Our Working Together display board located in the main entrance offers local support, information, and guidance for parents/carers on a variety of different subjects. In addition we have an folder of information guides about local and national organisations. 


Complete a “Your Views Card” in person or online or pop in to share. Your views are important to us and if there is something you like or we can improve we’d love to hear from you.

External links are provided for your convenience. When visiting external links you must refer to that external websites terms and conditions of use.

Surrey County Council for information on current and future term dates, admissions procedures and other useful local information


Department for Education has information about education and performance tables


UK Government website has advice and guidance on schools and work

Family Support


 Click here for access to many parenting courses ( lots free)  and avenues of further support .


For details of the Guildford Family Centre please contact 01483 566589 or check their Facebook page or visit


The  Family Centres are located as follows:-

  • Guildford Nursery School (Hazel Avenue) – open weekdays, all year round from 8am – 6pm
  • The Spinney – open weekdays during term time plus some school holiday time from 9am – 4pm


Guildford Family Centre works across the whole Guildford Borough, providing support and guidance to families with children aged 0-11 years. Our aim is to help families find solutions to the parenting and relationship challenges they face and to grow in confidence to manage future difficulties.
We offer groups (a SEND playgroup for pre-schoolers, a non-mobile baby group) and free courses (eg on parenting, developing your child’s language and communication, adjusting to having a baby, surviving domestic abuse) as well as family and SEND advice sessions on the phone.
We also have a team of incredible Family Support Workers who work one-to-one with families when personal circumstances are having a negative impact on the health, development or wellbeing of the child/children. By encouraging families to get the specialist help they may need, referring them to the right people, and signposting them to useful resources, we support parents to take positive steps towards a happy, more secure family life.

Surrey County Council: resources for reducing conflict between parents

Occasional disagreements between parents are a normal part of relationships and family life. However, if they happen often, are intense or not resolved properly they can negatively affect children. Conflict can affect children in all types of parental relationships.

Surrey County Council have collaborated with a number of organisations to provide parents/carers with a range of resources to help manage conflict appropriately.

Children and Family Health Surrey 0–19 Advice Line

Tel 01883 340 922
8am-5pm Mon-Fri excluding Bank Hols
Contact their advice line for help on all aspects of child health, development and parenting.

Surrey Young Carers - Young carers look after family members or friends, living in the same house or elsewhere

Mental Health and Wellbeing


Mental Health Crisis Helpline: 0800 915 4644

24 hour support for children, young people and their families in Surrey and North East Hampshire experiencing a mental health crisis. Please call 0800 915 4644 if you’re in crisis or worried about yourself or a young person. 

If you have speech or hearing difficulties, you can contact us through:

  • SMS text: 07717 989024
  • for text support for people with hearing impairments, dial 18001 0800 915 4644 from your text phone or smartphone app. More information at

If you or someone else is in a life-threatening situation then ring 999 immediately.

If you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation, you can call 111.


Healthy Surrey has information on local Mental Health support services as well as information on Children's Mental health and wellbeing


BUPA Mental Health - Information pages including specific advice for Children and  Teenagers


IESO Digital Health - Online support for mental health conditions.


MindEd is a free educational resource on children and young people's mental health for all adults. MindEd for Families has advice and information from trusted experts and will help you to understand what problems occur, what you can do to best support your family, and how to take care of yourself. MindEd for Families is written by a team of specialists and parents, working together.


Better Health - Every Mind Matters offers Mental wellbeing tips and advice from the NHS, including a mind plan quiz to help you deal with stress and anxiety, improve your sleep, boost your mood and feel more in control. 

Mind Matters NHS Surrey IAPT provides help and support for people with anxiety, stress, depression and other mental health concerns through talking therapies. They accept referrals from individuals aged 17+ who are registered with one of the GP Surgeries listed here
Self referrals can be made via the online portal:, where further information can also be found.

Child abuse reporting (outside of school)

If you’re worried that a child or young person is at risk or is being abused contact the children’s social care team at their local council.


For Surrey the number is 0300 470 9100 or 01483 517898 (out of hours). Their website is


For Hampshire the number is 0300 555 1384 or 0300 555 1373 (out of hours). Their website is

You’ll be asked for your details, but you can choose not to share them.


Call 999 if the child is at immediate risk, or call the police on 101 if you think a crime has been committed.

More information is available at


Scopay School Shop