Week Beginning 15th July: 16th July: Full Governing Body Meeting 08:00 - 10:00. 17th July: Year 6 Production 19:00 - 21:00. 19th July: Reception Trip to Bocketts Farm.
Home Page

Cost of living Support Information

Find out what support is available to help you and your family get through the cost-of-living crisis


Let us know if you’re in financial difficulty

We know that many families are going through a tough time this winter and we want to do everything we can to help you and your child. If you’re struggling with your finances, please get in touch to let us know, as there may be things we can suggest which will help. You can email the office or speak to Mrs Curtis.


Contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Family Hub

Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB)

You don’t have to be a UK citizen to get support from your local CAB, you just need to be
a resident of the local area. The CAB can help you with:

  • Getting benefits or organising other financial support
  • Accessing support for essential costs (food, bills, rent)

Visit the Citizens Advice website or contact your local branch to book an appointment. 

Family Hub

Contact your local Family Hub to get help accessing all the support you might need as a family. 

Check you’re paying the right amount of tax

Make sure you’re on the right tax code. If you aren’t you might be due a refund. Use the Money Saving Expert’s free tax code calculator to find out.

Claim any benefits you’re entitled to

Use 1 of these benefits calculators to determine whether there are any benefits you could be claiming:

You may be able to get benefits paid early if you need cash urgently – this is known as ‘a short-term benefit advance’. You will need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) office that’s dealing with your claim.

Check you’ve received all the government’s cost-of-living payments

The government’s cost-of-living payments are available for those receiving certain benefits or tax credits. You don’t need to apply for these – if you’re eligible the money should go straight into your account.

If you think you’re due a payment but haven’t received one, report a missing payment to the government here.

Be aware of scams! If you receive any emails, texts or phone calls asking you to fill in an application form or asking for your bank details to receive a cost-of-living payment, do not talk to them or send a reply. Get more information on cost-of-living scams on the Money Saving Expert’s website.


Find out what help you can get with your energy bills

Take a look at these resources from the British Gas Energy Trust and the Money Saving Expert.


Check if your child is entitled to free school meals (FSM)

If your child is eligible for FSM you need to get them registered. This will allow them to get a free meal at school, and we’ll get extra funding (known as the pupil premium) to support your child’s learning.

Go to this government website to check if your child is eligible. If they are, or if you’re not sure, visit our Applying for Free School Meals and Pupil Premium Page.


See what other support you can get from your local authority

Visit Surrey County Councils Website for information

Local authorities have many schemes that you might be eligible for, including:


Get free or low-cost food

If you’re worried about not having enough food to feed your family, you’re not alone. There are a number of places offering support.

  • If your child receives benefit related free school meals speak to the school office about Funzone sessions.
  • If you have a child under 4, and meet the eligibility criteria, you may be entitled to healthy start food vouchers
  • Farnham Foodbank is here to help anyone who is facing hunger because of crisis 
  • Use food waste apps and websites like Olio (for free food and household items from your local community), Too Good To Go (for low-cost food from local restaurants), or Low Price Foods (food that has passed its best before date, but is still safe to eat)
  • Become a member of a community shop. These organisations sell food to their members at a reduced price. Some shops are free to join if you meet certain criteria, and others ask for a small contribution. Find out if there’s one near you by checking these websites: Community Shop, Your Local Pantry, Community Grocery
  • Get more tips on free and cheap meals from Which

Free hygiene products

  • Ash Grange offers free period products for child use in school. Speak to a member of staff.
  • Food banks may offer free toiletries and sanitary products. Check with your local food bank to see what’s available 
  • Find the cheapest disposable sanitary products on Sanitary Saver


Replace or repair household items at a low cost or for free

Check if you can get broken household goods replaced or repaired by your local community.


Find a warm space to beat the chill

Some community spaces open their doors to provide a safe and warm space for a few hours. Many also offer hot drinks and wifi.


Ash Library

Address: Ash Street, Ash, Aldershot, GU12 6LF

Opening times:

  • Mondays: 2pm to 5pm
  • Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 10am to 1pm and then 2pm to 5pm
  • Saturday: 10am to 4pm


Royal British Legion Normandy

Address: Guildford Road, Normandy, GU3 2AW

Opening times:

  • Monday and Tuesday 9.30am to 2pm (8th December and 22nd December onwards)


St Mary's Church Ash Vale

Address: 203 Vale Road, Ash Vale, Aldershot GU12 5JE

Opening times:

  • 10am to 12pm community cafe
  • 12pm to 1pm soup lunch


St Paul's Tongham

Address: The Old School, Poyle Road, Tongham, GU10 1DS

Opening times:

  • Tuesday 12.30pm to 4pm


St Peters Church

Address: Ash Church Road, Aldershot, GU12 6LU

Opening times:

  • First Monday of every month: 9am to 12pm
  • Every Wednesday: 10.15am to 12pm

Further information

Single parents can get support from Gingerbread

Scopay School Shop