At Ash Grange we are proud of the way in which we cater for the needs of all children. We provide a rich and stimulating environment and aim to deliver an outstanding education for each child. Every pupil at Ash Grange can benefit from the following:
- We have a creative curriculum (Cornerstones) that provides a rich learning experience for all children, this is project based and changes every half term.
- All lessons are differentiated to meet the needs of the children.
- We have a programme of enrichment with wow experiences, trips, visitors and events that develop children’s cultural capital and life experiences.
- We have consistent marking and assessment policies that drive progress.
- We provide short term interventions to help children ‘catch up’ to the expectations for their age.
- We have a wide range of banded reading material, well stocked class libraries and a reading corridor packed with fiction and non-fiction books
- We have a dedicated research lab with computers.
- Our swimming pool is available for use in the summer and autumn terms.
- We have a whole child focus – every child is valued.
- We recognise and celebrate achievement through every opportunity in the classroom and across the school with recognition certificates, Marvellous Me alerts, certificates and sharing assemblies.
- Children participate in weekly ‘Me-Time’ circle sessions with the Classteacher to develop their emotional intelligence We have a snack shop at break-time with healthy snacks that the children select.
- We have been awarded Anti-Bullying Charter, Health Schools Gold Award and a National Mental Health and Well-being award.
- There are key roles for children, including School Councillors/ Librarians/Gardeners/the Fix-It Team.
- We offer hot and cold lunchtime meal choices
- We have an open door policy for parents and carers.
- We provide after school clubs for those children who wish to participate.
- Home visits are made by staff as part of the induction process.
- We have a part time School Counsellor that supports children and families
- We have a School and Eco Council for children to express their views, be creative and problem solve together
- We have a dedicated caring workforce.
- All teachers have subject responsibilities to develop the curriculum, provision and outcomes of all children.
- Each school class has a teacher and learning assistant full time. In addition, there may be staff to support specific learning needs.
- We have a high proportion of Higher Level Teaching Assistants.
- In addition, we have a part time Speech Therapist and School Counsellor.
- We employ a Swimming and PE coach for weekly specialist lessons
- We have bright stimulating classrooms and shared spaces that support and celebrate learning.
- We have dedicated music room, cooking facilities, hall and computer room. All of Early Years and Key Stage 1 classes have a dedicated outdoor learning space.
- Our extensive grounds include a large field, nature area, orchard, 2 playgrounds and a vast array of play equipment.
- We have extensive computer equipment, pads, IWB, visualizers, computers and electronic toys.
- We have a dedicated before school and after school provision “Funzone” for school aged children (Reception year upwards), which runs from 7.45am-6pm