Welcome to our Year 3 page where you can find out more about what is happening in our class.
Year 3 have PE on Monday and
Swimming lesson on Thursday.
If you have any questions or would like to contact the class team please email firstname.lastname@example.org call the school office on 01252 328589 to leave a message. Alternatively you can fill in the contact form.
Half Term Project Details and Homework Ideas
YEAR 3 – Urban Pioneers
Homework is due Friday 1st December.
The new projects run for the second half of the Autumn term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are some ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Make a collection of images you like in a scrap book. Imagine you have been asked to design a new building that will inspire the residents of your town or city. Design your architectural masterpiece and perhaps make a model of it!
- Photograph examples of graffiti – decide if you think it is art or vandalism Sign your own name graffiti style on paper that is! There are online ‘graffiti-creators’ which will convert your name into a graffiti style lettering. Print your design idea and bring it to school.
- Look at structures in your nearest town or city such as bridges, towers or tunnels. What is the oldest structure? Newest?
- Take a virtual tour of cities around the world, exploring images online.
- Compile a list of places you would like to visit. What makes a great city? Parks, water features, friendly people, clean, litter-free streets? Decide what is important to you in a city.
- Where in the world would you most like to live?
- Find out about animals that live in the city, such as foxes, peregrine falcons and pigeons. Make a list of animals you have spied and find out about their habitat and how they survive in an urban environment.
- In RE we will be learning about Noah. Read the story and then write or draw pictures to re-tell the story. You could also draw pictures of all the animals that were on the arc.
School Councillor - Jess (Year 6)
Class Reps - Alfie and Thiya
Eco Councillosr - Georgia and Toby
Charity - Marie Curie (Donate here)
Class Assembly Dates
Please see below the dates and times for the Year 3 sharing assemblies:
- Harvest Assembly 20th October 2023
Class Trips and Events
Year 3 will be visiting the following:
The Natural History Museum - Friday 2nd February 2024
Basingstoke Canel Center - Summer 2 (Date TBC)