Our learning until further notice will take place on Microsoft Teams. Year 1 have live lessons at 11.30am and 2:30pm for English and Maths so please ensure your child joins in with these meetings. Check the calendar on Teams for additional sessions.
You can contact us with questions through Year1Teacher@ash-grange.surrey.sch.uk
Take care and stay safe,
Mrs Twomey and Mrs Haygarth
Half Term Project Details and Homework Ideas – Superheroes
The new projects run for the first half of the Spring term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are some ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Plan or make a lunchbox fit for a superhero.
- Make up a song or rhyme about a superhero. You could sing about their strengths and skills and promote their vision for world peace and harmony.
- Make a model of a superhero. You could use modelling dough, cardboard boxes and tubes, scraps of material or papier-mâché.
- Who is your hero? Bring a picture of them to school and explain to your classmates why you chose them.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be? Would you be able to fly? Become invisible? See through buildings? Write about some of the adventures you might have.
- Design (on paper or using a computer) a poster featuring a new superhero such as Anti-Litter man and convey their important message.
- Take pictures of yourself being a ‘superkid’ at home. Maybe you tidied your room or helped wash the dishes? Bring your pictures to school to explain to your classmates what you did and how it helped your family.
- In RE this term we are learning about Allah and how Muslims worship him. You could try to design a prayer mat.
- In PSHE we are learning about making good or bad choices. You could draw a picture and write about a superhero who makes a good or bad choice.
At the end of the project homework period your child will receive either a bronze, silver or gold project homework badge.
Bronze = a basic piece of project homework was completed
Silver = a good piece of project homework which has clearly taken lots of time to complete
Gold = an excellent piece of project homework which has clearly taken lots of thought, time and effort to complete
Class Assembly Dates
Here are the dates for our class sharing assemblies this year, we hope you will come and join us at 9am in the hall.
Year 1 will be visiting the following: