Welcome to our Year 4 page where you can find out more about what is happening in our class!
On Tuesdays, Year 4 have 'Together We Achieve' with Mr Mayne - this counts for our first PE lesson. Children need to wear PE kit to school.
Our second PE lesson is on a Friday. Please wear PE kit on this day too. Swimming will resume in the summer term.
If you have any questions or would like to contact the class team, please email Year4teacher@ash-grange.surrey.sch.uk or call the school office on 01252 328589 to leave a message. Alternatively you can fill in the contact form.
We're looking forward to working with you this year!
Half Term Project Details and Homework Ideas
Spring 2 - Blue Abyss
Homework is due Friday 22nd March
The new projects run for the second half of the spring term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term but are due by Friday 22nd March. Please support your child to bring in something that they have worked on at home. Use one of these ideas or something else linked to our project, Blue Abyss.
- Why is the ocean blue? Go on… find out!
- How many amazing shark facts can you find? Build them into a PowerPoint presentation to show the rest of the class. Remember to include images and perhaps some video clips too.
- Write a ‘True or False’ quiz with fascinating facts about creatures and plants under the sea. Create Top Trumps-style fact cards about creatures of the Great Barrier Reef. Create a picture dictionary of plants and creatures of the ocean.
- Visit your local library and find non-fiction books about the oceans and seas. Use them to find out about sea creatures of the world. Look for information using contents, glossary and index pages. Write down any new facts you have learnt and share them with your class.
- Use the web with an adult to find out about famous undersea explorers, such as Robert Ballard, Sylvia Earle, William Beebe and James Cameron. Record your information to share with the class.
- Design an ‘Under the Sea’ board game. What creatures might your counters represent? Write a story about a diver’s exploration of a coral reef.
- Learn The Beatles’ song, ‘Yellow Submarine’, and write a new verse of your own.
- Write a poem about the creatures living in the blue abyss. It might be an acrostic, shape, haiku, cinquain or free verse poem.
- Research how to scuba dive and write a set of instructions for a new diver.
- Make a tourist leaflet for people visiting Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
- We are learning about the weather in French - can you write a French weather report?
- In RE, we are learning about communion. Could you interview someone who has been?
Year 4 experiences
During Year 4, Pupils take part in Together We Achieve with Mr Mayne each Tuesday. We also have sessions with an art specialist from Ash Manor bi-weekly on Wednesdays.
School Councillors - Atchudan and Zoe
Class Reps - Amelie and Connie
Eco Reps - James and Isobelle
Charity - Cancer Research (Donate here)
Class Assembly Dates
Here are the dates for our class sharing assemblies this year. We hope you will come and join us at 9am in the hall:
- Year 4 Class Assembly - Friday 17th November 2023
- Year 4 Easter Assembly at Holy Angles Church - Thursday 28th March 2024
- Year 4 Class Assembly - Friday 17th May 2024
Year 4 Trips and Events
Butser Ancient Farm - 23rd May 2024