You can contact us with questions through
Take care and stay safe,
Miss Mole and Mrs Price
Half Term Project Details and Homework Ideas - I am Warrior
The new projects run for the second half of the Autumn term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are some ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Write some number calculations using Roman numerals for your friends to solve.
- Find out the dates of birth of your family and friends and record them in Roman numerals.
- Look at Roman artefacts in detail on the British Museum website. Sketch a selection and write an explanation (such as where and when they were discovered and what the artefact was used for).
- Look at online information to find out about modern day Rome as a tourist destination. Which tourist attractions would you visit? What is the weather like? Where else would you like to go in Italy?
- Write a diary entry as if you are a Roman soldier, a slave in a Roman villa or a Celtic child. What is your typical day like?
- Make a model of a Roman villa using junk materials such as cereal boxes, coloured paper, tin foil and cardboard tubes. Use online images and pictures in non-fiction books to inspire the layout of your villa.
- Make a drawing of a Roman god or goddess. Write a fact file of information about them.
- Find out about the Jewish festival of Hanukkah and present your information (poster, PowerPoint, diary entry or fact file).
At the end of the project homework period your child will receive either a bronze, silver or gold project homework badge.
Bronze = a basic piece of project homework was completed
Silver = a good piece of project homework which has clearly taken lots of time to complete
Gold = an excellent piece of project homework which has clearly taken lots of thought, time and effort to complete
Class Assembly Dates
Here are the dates for our class sharing assemblies this year, we hope you will come and join us at 9am in the hall:
Year 4 will be visiting the following: