You can contact me with questions through Year5Teacher@ash-grange.surrey.sch.uk
Half Term Project Details and Homework Ideas - Peasants, Princes & Pestilence
The new projects run for the first half of the Autumn term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Search your local library to find out if the plague of the 14th century affected a village or town near you.
- What information can you find out?
- Write a letter to a child of the 21st century imagining you are a peasant child of the 14th century. What could you tell them about your life?
- Design a coat or arms for your family. What symbols would you use and what would they represent? What would be your family motto?
- Find out what happens when something decomposes. Place an apple core, orange or grape in a transparent container and watch as it decomposes. Document what happens but don’t open the container! When you have finished your investigation throw away the sealed container.
- Use a map of the UK to identify castles of the Middle Ages. Make a scrap book or journal to research facts about one of them. Be prepared to present your scrap book to others.
Class Assembly Dates
Here are the dates for our class sharing assemblies this year, we hope you will come and join us at 9am in the hall.
Year 5 will be visiting the following: