You can contact me with questions through Y6Teacher@ash-grange.surrey.sch.uk
I hope you are keeping safe and well!
Half Term Project Details and Homework Ideas - Frozen Kingdom
The new projects run for the first half of the Autumn term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Imagine that Earth has entered another Ice Age. Write a diary-style piece describing the changes and how the human race has adapted to cope.
- Find out what natural resources and raw materials are reaped from the Arctic. What impact does this have on the environment?
- Use a range of snowy images to create a polar collage. Remember to use lots of interesting textures, shapes, colours and patterns.
- Create your own Arctic and Antarctic wordsearch puzzles using all the new words you have learned during the project, challenge a grown-up to solve it!
- Create a poster or brochure for a new travel company which arranges visits to the Arctic or Antarctic. Use powerful images and text to tempt customers who want an extra-special trip!
- Design a pair of snow boots for an Arctic explorer. What materials would you use? What features could they have? Let your imagination run wild!
- Imagine a common domestic animal became an inhabitant of the Arctic or Antarctic. How would it have to adapt to survive there? Longer, thicker hair? What else? Rename your common animal with a more exciting ‘polar’ name!
Class Assembly Dates
Here are the dates for our class sharing assemblies this year, we hope you will come and join us at 9am in the hall.
Year 6 will be visiting the following: