Each week during the closure, your child will be set reading, spelling and mathematics tasks for Monday to Wednesday and Thursday to Sunday. See the tasks below:
Your child will also be directed to 5 project based activities for you to choose from. These will be posted on the class page each week. On the main 'classes' page there is also a writing calendar full of lovely ideas.
You can contact me with questions through Year2Teacher@ash-grange.surrey.sch.uk
Take care and stay safe,
Miss Gibbins and Miss Schofield
Easter Project Ideas – Week One 06.04.20
1. Make your own playdough with this simple recipe https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/playdough-recipe and create your own Easter eggs. Can you make any symmetrical designs?
2. Using a measuring tape, measure your family members' heads and make them a set of bunny ears!
3. Measure out your window and cut a piece of string to size. Make a string of Easter eggs to hang as a window decoration. Can you make a repeating pattern?
4. Write an acrostic poem for Easter. Here is mine:
Everyone is safe at home during this strange but special time
And we're all in this together, come rain or sunshine
So celebrate Easter with your family and loved ones
Tell me later, when you see me, if the Easter bunny comes
Enjoy your special family time, hunt eggs and have a chocolate-fest
Rejoice at Easter time and have a well-earned rest
5. Describe what is happening in the picture below. Can you create a story? Let's start you off:
The Easter Bunny was hurriedly painting his last Easter egg. He had to be quick otherwise the villagers would wake up and spot him! Suddenly, he heard two small voices and saw two curious, smiling and hopeful faces appear over the wall. They handed the Easter Bunny a letter...
Due to Coronavirus COVID-19 all calendar dates have been postponed. Please check for updates when the school re-opens.