You can contact me with questions through Year2Teacher@ash-grange.surrey.sch.uk
Take care and stay safe,
Half Term Project Details and Homework Ideas – Land Ahoy
The new projects run for the first half of the Autumn term. Homework contributions can be made throughout the half term, please make sure your child brings in something that they have worked on at home.
Below are a list of ideas for each project, try one of these or something else project related.
- Search the web or non-fiction books to find out about a famous boat or ship.
- Make an information book by writing down interesting facts, downloading images or making drawings. Famous ships to choose could include the Titanic, the Santa Maria, the Cutty Sark or HMS Belfast.
- Visit your local library to read and borrow story and information books about the sea. Write or film a book review about your favourite.
- Make your own pirate treasure chest using a lidded box and other recycled materials. What will you keep in your treasure chest? Bring it to school to show your class and explain how you made it.
- Write a letter to Captain Longbeard to tell him what you have been up to at school and home. You might want to invite him to visit again!
- Make a map of your home and local area to show all the main features. Include physical landmarks such as beaches, hills or forests as well as human features such as shops, farms or harbours. Where would be a good place to hide treasure? Can you plot a route to find it?
- Look at holiday brochures or travel websites and talk about holiday destinations around the world. Which seas or oceans are close to each destination? Locate them on a world map noting their location in relation to the Equator and the North and South Poles. How does the location affect the weather? What might the weather be like? Where would you most like to go?
Class Assembly Dates
Here are the dates for our class sharing assemblies this year, we hope you will come and join us at 9am in the hall.
Year 2 will be visiting the following: